Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This I Believe....

1.) Link- http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5587766

2.) Author- Quique Aviles

3.) Title- I will take my voice back

4.) A sentence of what the belief is- I believe that crack can kill me, but that in the end, that communication and direct human contact will save me.

5.) 2 Examples from the story that showed their belief- 1.......I decided to stand on stage and share stories from my notebooks that have born witness to my nightmare. 2.......But by telling my story here and on stage, I will take my voice back. People will bear witness to my life.

6.) 1 favorite passage- In the early '80s, crack came to D.C. I saw my city change and me with it. Crack is a killer. Crack turns a ladybug in your house into a hungry rat. Crack transports you into paranoid obsession. You don't sleep. You don't eat. Your high lasts 10 to 15 seconds so you need to keep pumping your brain with this poison over and over again.

No comments:

About Me

my name is zack. I am 15, born January 20, 1992. My favorite subject is Math, in general. My favorite food is Chipotle, which would be a steak burrito. My #1 passion is music and guitar, which I've been playing for 7 years. My favorite sport is hockey. I have 2 cats, Ozzie and Bella, who are both 2 years old.