Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 1, Post B

To respond to this, I would have to say that I am impressed with what has happened. The USA 1980 Olympic team was made up of kids in their early 20's, or kids in their late teens. It was a surprisingly young group of talent, in which they worked hard, and earned what they fought for. In the first chapter, for example, on page 48, it says: "After Krutov's goal, the anxiety in the building was almost palpable. The whole place seemed tight, American players and fans alike." It is saying that the American team had high hopes at the time that happened. the entire American fan section at the arena was behind them one hundred percent, and that would help them out down the stretch of the game. For a Olympic team to be made up of kids that are right out of college, play against one of the best teams in the world? That's pretty impressive on their part for what the outcome was. Also, Herb Brooks, the coach, was by far one of the most eager of the team to win the gold medal, because he was cut from the 1960 U.S. Olympic team. So for him to win this, would just redeem himself for being cut.

No comments:

About Me

my name is zack. I am 15, born January 20, 1992. My favorite subject is Math, in general. My favorite food is Chipotle, which would be a steak burrito. My #1 passion is music and guitar, which I've been playing for 7 years. My favorite sport is hockey. I have 2 cats, Ozzie and Bella, who are both 2 years old.