Thursday, November 29, 2007

Week 2, Post A

1.) Vocabulary

-Ubiquitous: existing or being everywhere, esp. at the same time; omnipresent (page 55).
-Brandished: To wave or flourish (a weapon, for example) menacingly (page 85)

2.) Figurative Language

-Simile: "......and could skate by people as if they were mannequins, and he was the most valuable player on his American Legion team," (pg. 62). This is a simile because it's saying that the player is very quick with his feet when skating.
-Onomatopeoia: "......he shot the puck, and it made a sudden 'ding!' off the crossbar of the hockey net...." (page 76). This is an Onomatopeoia because it describes the sound that was made off a shot onto the crossbar.
Quote: "It was not a question if there was any time left. It was a good goal," (page 76). This quote is significant because it's stating that the goal counted no matter how much time is left, and also that the team would carry the momentum of that goal into the next period.
One Emerging Theme: An emerging theme is the one carrying over from last week. The Americans are riding the momentum from the goal they scored into the next period, to give the team a little boost of confidence against the Soviets.

No comments:

About Me

my name is zack. I am 15, born January 20, 1992. My favorite subject is Math, in general. My favorite food is Chipotle, which would be a steak burrito. My #1 passion is music and guitar, which I've been playing for 7 years. My favorite sport is hockey. I have 2 cats, Ozzie and Bella, who are both 2 years old.