Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Outside Reading 2nd Quarter Book Approval

1.) "The Boys of Winter," by Wayne Coffey.

2.) The book was published late December of 2005, early January of 2006.

3.) This book is Nonfiction.

4.) This book is 272 pages long.

5.)This book is sufficiently challenging for a high schooler because of the history involved in the story, and the challenging names that have to be pronounced (Russians).

6.) I chose this book because I wanted to read a book about hockey, which this is what it's about. This story is about the miracle team, the 1980 U.S.A. Olympic team that played at Lake Placid, and the about the journey of the U.S.A. team when they beat the Soviets to earn the Gold medal.

1 comment:

Mr. Hatten said...

Zack,
I'll be interested to hear how the book is. I've heard it is good. Have fun.

About Me

my name is zack. I am 15, born January 20, 1992. My favorite subject is Math, in general. My favorite food is Chipotle, which would be a steak burrito. My #1 passion is music and guitar, which I've been playing for 7 years. My favorite sport is hockey. I have 2 cats, Ozzie and Bella, who are both 2 years old.