Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 4, Part 1

“…when my parents and I had gone to take the air in a windy and not very sparkling seaside town. In his strong, angular handwriting, Dad had simply noted: Berck-sur-mer, April 1963” (pg. 45). I believe this quote is so important because Bauby is recalling one of his most well-remembered memories. It is a depressing quote, since he cannot relive it, in which that the tone of the entire story is "depression." The next quote by Bauby is important because he is describing his family, which he cannot spend as much time with because of the diagnosis of "locked-in" syndrome. “…my eight year old daughter in riding gear; and a black-and-white photo of myself on the mini-golf course” (pg. 44).

No comments:

About Me

my name is zack. I am 15, born January 20, 1992. My favorite subject is Math, in general. My favorite food is Chipotle, which would be a steak burrito. My #1 passion is music and guitar, which I've been playing for 7 years. My favorite sport is hockey. I have 2 cats, Ozzie and Bella, who are both 2 years old.