Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Week 3, Post A

1.) Vocabulary

Exodus- a going out; a departure or emigration, usually of a large number of people (Page 106).

Discotheque- a nightclub for dancing to live or recorded music and often featuring sophisticated sound systems, elaborate lighting, and other effects (page 107).

2.) Figurative Language-

Simile- "......gain a financial foothold, Smith gave away over 400 plots of 40 acres like it was his own land to give away," (page 106). This is a Simile because it shows that Smith was generous, and wanted to help the black people at the time.
Onomatopoeia- "The walls weren't exactly soundproof.....they made a 'bang!' noise as something hit it..." (page 109). This is an Onomatopeoia because it describes a sound being made.
Quote- "It was almost like he was having a midlife crisis for the last 20 years. It was like he wanted to be doing something, but didn't know what it was. He was searching for something, but didn't know what it should be," (page 105). The quote's significance is that it's describing Herb Brooks, and how Nanne (the man who said the quote) feels about the way Herb is acting.
One Emerging Theme- An emerging theme, is the 2nd period of the Gold Medal Game versus the U.S.A. and the Soviets.

No comments:

About Me

my name is zack. I am 15, born January 20, 1992. My favorite subject is Math, in general. My favorite food is Chipotle, which would be a steak burrito. My #1 passion is music and guitar, which I've been playing for 7 years. My favorite sport is hockey. I have 2 cats, Ozzie and Bella, who are both 2 years old.